Pregnancy, nursing, weight gain, and weight loss all take a toll on the shape and appearance of your breasts. A breast lift, also known as a mastopexy or breast augmentation, makes your breasts look perky and youthful again.
Breast augmentation is the process of tightening the tissue surrounding the breasts by removing excess skin. This reshapes and supports the new contour of your breasts.
What to Expect with Breast Augmentation Surgery
There are a variety of surgical techniques in a breast lift. Your doctor will consider the following factors when planning your mastopexy:
- Shape and size of your breasts
- Size and position of your areolas
- Sagginess of your breasts
- The amount of extra skin you have available around your breasts
- Quality and elasticity of your skin
On the day of your breast augmentation, the surgeon provides you with anesthesia and then makes an incision in a circular pattern around your areola. This may be either vertical or horizontal from the crease of your breast. The next steps include:
- Lift and reshape underlying breast tissue to improve firmness and contour of each breast
- Remove excess skin around your breasts to improve elasticity
- Reposition the areola and nipple of each breast
- Remove skin from the perimeter of each areola, if necessary
- Tighten remaining skin and close your incision
Your surgeon will attempt to conceal scar lines within the natural creases of your breasts. If this isn’t possible, rest assured your scars will fade with time.
You Deserve to Look Your Best
Your wants and needs often come last when caring for a family. If you know your family is complete and you want your perky breasts back, consider this alternative to breast implants. You will thank yourself the first time you catch a glimpse of your new profile in the mirror.
Call Swan Centers for a free consultation at 1-800-528-9650.