Pre-op & Post-op
BLOOD WORK TESTING LOCATIONS
Before surgery, it is imperative that you correctly prepare for any pending cosmetic surgery procedure. Being medically cleared for your surgical procedure is an absolute requirement. To assist with the process, we have provided convenient resource to identify a few testing centers that offer blood work.
Please visit www.labcorp.com or call 1-800-877-5227 for the nearest location.
Please visit www.questdiagnostics.com or call 1-800-800-1749 for the nearest location.
PRE-SURGERY PATIENT CARE
On the day prior to your procedure, our office will call you to discuss final items of importance regarding your upcoming procedure. On the day of your procedure, we request that you do the following:
- Avoid wearing jewelry, body piercings, or contacts.
- Wear loose fitting and comfortable clothing.
- Bring hair ties to tie up long hair.
- Bring the prescriptions that we called in for you.
- Take a shower before coming in.
- Drink lots of water and be very hydrated.
- Have a small meal for breakfast (coffee or tea with toast).
- It is mandatory to have a caretaker drop you off and pick you up after your procedure.
Any sort of surgical procedure can be taxing on the body, so it is important to simplify your life during the recovery period. In general, it’s best to take it easy for a few days so you don’t complicate healing. After your procedure, we request that you do the following:
- Avoid strenuous activities and heavy lifting
- Wear your post-operative garment.
- Do not Smoke for at least 2 weeks after.
- Do not drink alcohol for at least 2 weeks after.
- Do not go swimming or take a bath for at least 10 days after. Avoid hot tubs.
- Drink plenty of liquids.
Specifically, for procedures like the Brazilian Butt lift, you are required to sleep on your abdomen and sides for two weeks or more. The rule of thumb is to keep the area of incision elevated. Also, make sure you sleep in a position that does not apply any pressure on the incision area.